If you are passionate about astroimaging but not sure which telescope would favor you well, this article is for you. Considered as one of the best-reviewed telescopes, the Celestron NexStar 6SE is here to give your stargazing an enjoyable experience. If you are doubtful about the product, the Celestron NexStar 6SE review will help you see this fantastic product on a new level.
The Celestron NexStar 6SE stands out from its NexStar SE peers. With the Celestron NexStar’s trademark ‘orange tube,’ the Celestron NexStar 6SE not only gives you a classic look, but it also delivers the best sky-watching experience, both for beginners and professionals. The Celestron NexStar 6SE is a 6-inch Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope, having a focal length and actual aperture of 1,500 mm and 150 mm, respectively. It has a typical focal ratio of f/10.
Celestron NexStar 6SE Review
Featuring a 6-inch aperture, the Celestron NexStar 6SE provides more light than the 5-inch series by 44%. This allows you to view and capture clear and amazing heavenly bodies and space images. The OTA that comes on a dovetail bar fits on the mount through the dovetail saddle.
Both amateurs, as well as professionals, can use the Celestron NexStar 6SE telescope because of its highly proficient tracking software and automated mounts. There are over 40,000 object databases in the computerized software of the telescope to help you understand more about the various patterns and sky bodies.
In addition to the software, the Celestron NexStar 6SE has the SkyAlign technology, which makes it easy for you to align the telescope basing on any three luminous heavenly bodies.
The overall package brings decent visual performance with an optimized GoTo and tracking action. Besides, the package is lightweight and portable. The Celestron Nexstar 6SE setup is easy once you thoroughly go through the Celestron NexStar 6SE manual that you get along with the Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope observatory kit.
At the Celestron’s official website, the latest upgrades are available for download so you can keep your NexStar 6SE updated.
Features of NexStar 6SE
- The Celestron NexStar 6SE sports the latest technology and features for an incredible experience.
- With a 6-inch aperture and portable built, the telescope allows enough light to watch the celestial objects with ease.
- The computerized GoTo mount, which features over 40,000 databases, helps in tracking performance.
- The SkyAlign technology makes it easy for you to assemble and disassemble the telescope.
- The product also provides you with a bonus astronomy software program.
- The product is handcrafted in the US with a two years warranty and full customer support.
Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope with Observer Kit
With the Celestron NexStar 6SE telescope with observer kit, you can access additional quality accessories for full functionality. The observer kit contains the following accessories:
- Five 1.25″ Plossl Eyepieces – The 32 mm Plossl eyepiece features a broad area view with low power, the 17 mm and 13 mm eyepieces feature exceptional medium optical power. At the same time, the 6 mm & 8 mm focal lengths offer high power which is ideal for watching the moon and the planets.
- 1.25″ 2x Barlow Lens – The 2x Barlow lens doubles the power of the 1.25″ eyepieces. This lens fits with every 1.25″ eyepiece, rendering you more magnification options. Note that high power eyepieces do not offer you sharp and clear images always if the lighting condition is moderate. You can try using different magnification powers at different timings to find out which power and what time of the night provide the best results.
- 1.25″ Filters – The kit comes with various colored filters to maximize the details of the planetary surfaces and cloud lines. The filters that are included in the package are #12 Yellow Filter, #21 Orange Filter, #25 Red Filter, #56 Light Green Filter, #58A Green Filter and #80A Blue Filter. These versatile filters can all be adjusted to any 1.25″ eyepieces.
- 1.25″ Moon Filter – The Moon filter is an essential accessory to any beginner astronomer. The filter blocks out the glaring light that emits from the moon so you can watch the surface and structure of the moon without blinding yourself. The Moon filter can also be used to watch the bright Venus.
- Metal Case – All of the above accessories come in a metal case that is lined with foam to provide cushioning to the appliances to protect it from damage.
Celestron NexStar 6SE Setup
Before you try to proceed to assemble the telescope, it is advisable to read the Celestron NexStar 6SE manual to understand the procedure. The Celestron NexStar 6SE Setup is not complicated once you thoroughly go through the Celestron NexStar 6SE manual.
Here is a quick setup procedure:
- Before you start using the telescope, make sure that the Power Tank has enough battery. If not, charge the Power Tank before any further proceedings.
- Assemble the tripod. It can be done by opening and extending the legs and attaching the eyepiece tray.
- Level the tripod to your preferred degree.
- By holding with the fork arm, you can fit the telescope to the mount. Position and secure the fit with the mount screws.
- Now adjust the telescope into the Power Tank or adapter.
- With Philips screwdriver, secure the finderscope to the flank of the telescope optical tube. Turn on the telescope with the toggle switch.
- To access the eyepiece end of the telescope, shift the telescope in ALT. Once it is done, you can take off the lens covers.
- Assemble the eyepieces and secure it with screws.
- You can point your telescope to easily accessible celestial bodies such as the moon to align the finderscope.
And in the final part of Celestron NexStar 6SE review, I will highly recommend it. I have been very impressed by using it. Its design, power, ease of use, I must say this is a brilliant telescope, without a doubt.